There is something truly magical about a winter wedding in Central Oregon – and nowhere more grand than the Great Hall at Sunriver Resort. Madison & Zach lucked out with a warm January day (well like 45 degrees which is balmy). The warm weather meant we were able to do all of their portraits outside! Their entire wedding reminded me of a fairy tale. From centerpieces that were right out of Beauty and the Beast and red flowers made by Wild Poppy.
Madison & Zach both live in Portland but met at a country bar which felt similar to their wedding. Metro, elegant, with a little bit of a country edge. Their officiant was a family friend that came all the way from Hawaii and brought some traditional Hawaiin elements.
One of the highlights of the day was when the Sunriver Resort staff had a grand reveal of the reception with the couple before guests were let in. They were able to see their vision come to life and with the magic of the Great Hall. The couple even shared a mini first dance just the two of them before hiding for the grand entrance.
I got to know Maddie & Zach during their engagement session. Even though the my didn’t need an engagement session for their Save the Date’s it’s always such a great way to get comfortable in front of the camera. Generally the best way to make portraits be efficient is to practice taking photos during an engagement session.
Are you planning your winter wedding or looking at Central Oregon as a destination wedding? I would love to talk about photographing your wedding day!
· Brides Dress Brand: Theia
· Store it was Purchased: The Dress Theory Seattle
· Grooms Suit/Tux Brand: Mason and Sons
· Engagement Ring/Wedding Band (bride): James Allen
· Wedding Band (groom): Manly Bands
· Hair Stylist: Sara Ruth Hair
· Makeup Stylist: Kate Hana Artistry
· Floral Designer: Wild Poppy
· Venue/Catering: Sunriver Resort
· Cake/Dessert: Too Sweet Cakes
· Ceremony/Reception Music: Bend Event Sound
· Videographer: Multimedia Weddings
· Planner/Coordinator Bethany Taft
Leave a Comment